Friday, February 03, 2006

Seth Fisher, Rest in Peace

I'm shocked and saddended by the recent death of artist Seth Fisher, and also some of the callous remarks I've seen on messageboards by people who didn't know who he was, so they felt comfortable making tasteless jokes. I just discovered Fisher on the recent Fantastic Four/Iron Man: Big in Japan mini-series, and became an instant fan and I now count him in my favorite modern artist list.

I've literally never seen art anything like what he did ANYWHERE, and that goes double for comic books. So much of his art was dreamlike in it's insanity, energy and unique childlike innocence that could be glimpsed just a bit in a weird monster. I have been looking forward so much to his future projects and him becoming a star in this medium, I am heartbroken that the world will never have that opportunity. My heart goes out to his family.

I will be gone for the next few days, and when I get back I will be putting together a tribute entry to Seth Fisher, including lots of his work. If you have any scans that you'd like to contribute, please send them to zombierock@boomspeed.com. It'd be a huge help and I'd really appreciate it.

I hope everyone goes and checks out Big in Japan if you haven't already, besides a great story you'll see incredible artwork that will show you just how much we've lost. I actually made the cover art to issue #1 my wallpaper a few days ago (it was this artwork that brought Fisher to my attention, it was also the first time I've ever bought a comic solely based on the cover artwork) and the coincidence is strange.

1 Comments:

Blogger PenisMan said...

Cool site on man watch Check out my Penis Enlargement Pills

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home